Today marks five years since my dear dad passed away. Five years?! To say it's been an easy five years would be a complete lie. But to say that the last five years have been completely miserable would be a lie, too. I've experienced tender mercies of the Lord all along the way. Since it's been five years, I want to share five important lessons I've learned since my dads death. God loves us perfectly "Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely." - Dieter F Uchtdorf I often hear of people who, once something bad happens in their life, blame everything on God. They truly believe that if such a thing could happen in their life, then God must not love them. I am here to tell you that that is a complete lie! I see how the easy way out for me would have been to believe that God didn't love me...
I decided it was time to start updating my blog concerning the little sweetheart that is growing inside of me. It has been such a fun experience! Justin & I decided before we even got married that we wanted to wait a while to try having kids. We made the goal of waiting for 2 years, (with me begging lots of times and him holding to the original deal)... which I am actually grateful for. I am so incredibly happy for the time Justin & I spent together, JUST US. I know that isn't everyone's plan, but for us it was what we needed. We were able to vacation together, do things spur of the moment, start a business and get to know each other without the whole kid thing getting in the way. I was able to learn and grow in many aspects including mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally and I think if I would have had kids any earlier I wouldn't have been as prepared and I know the timing is just perfect for us. I have kept some notes of what has gon...
When you grow up in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and you dream of your future, it's always inside of one of the beautiful temples and its always a forever thing. You never imagine that one day you could be standing alone, in the dark, in a place you never thought you'd be. You never imagine that something that is supposed to last forever, doesn't. This is where I found myself in 2009. Just one short year after being sealed for time and all eternity. At the young age of 21. Flash forward to last week.... as I was packing up my house I came across some paperwork from that dark time in my life. It brought back a flood of emotions and memories.... memories that aren't beautiful. Memories that hurt and that I allowed to cause me a lot of pain. It reminded me what a hard time that was for me. I've always felt like I've had to be a strong person, but this time in my life truly tried to take me down. Sometimes in life it is the very dar...
Comments
Post a Comment