PatIENce



Why am I so impatient???
I have GOT to work on this.  Does anybody else need to work on this with me??
I was with a friend today making the cutest little craft... her little boy was there and he was really fussy today, he was tired but didn't really want to go to sleep... he wanted to sit on her lap.

Did she freak out, yell or throw a fit??... NOPE!  She was all about talking sweet with him, giving him kisses and talking to him... ALL while he was crying.  Oh and did I mention we were doing a craft?  I was so impressed, because that wouldn't have been how I acted in that situation.
She was such a good example to me today and I learned a lot from her because I want to be like her in that aspect!  She is so patient!

I found this AWESOME quote by Richard L Evans on Patience:

"There seems to be little evidence that the Creator of the universe was ever in a hurry.  Everywhere, on this bounteous and beautiful earth, and to the farthest reaches of the firmament, there is evidence of patient purpose and planning and working and waiting."


Another important aspect of Patience is that sometimes we don't understand why we have to wait for things, or why someone gets something when they pray or get a  Priesthood blessing but we don't when we do the exact same things.  We need to realize that WE do not know better than GOD.  He knows whats best, he knows how to teach, he knows when we need things and we don't know better than him.  Period.  Put our lives in his hands, have faith and Enjoy the Journey!

"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father.  Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best - better than does God.  Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than his.  Either way we are questioning the reality of God's omniscience."

I think being patient is something you learn over the years, but we can all start now.  Especially me!!  I think I need to really think about how I am going to act or deal with different times when I start to feel impatient and then maybe one day I'll have learned how to be more patient.

Wish me luck!

Check out my friends blogs (the patient one :))
www.werunonempty.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying