Example.

We all know that Jesus Christ was our perfect example on this earth.  And we know that we all should strive to be more like him and live life as he did..... right?

But, do you ever think about the other people who are examples to you in your life, who have shaped you in one way or another, or who have helped you in some way??

Think about that for a minute.

To back up a little bit, I have people ask, wonder and I know think it in their minds how I've made it through the hard trials that I've faced in my life.... they tell me I am such a strong and powerful woman.  I am not saying I haven't received strength but it's not just always easy getting over something and feeling whole again.... for anyone.  Have you seen me in my darkest moments?  Have you seen the pain and despair I've gone through in private?  No, probably not.  Most of you see me as an every day, human being living life.  Life hasn't been easy, and I don't think it's supposed to be, it has not been easy, but what HAS made it easier was the love of my Heavenly Father, family and my sweet friends and most importantly the knowledge of the Gospel.  Not clothes, food, or getting my hair done (although those have helped :))
If you are having a hard time with something, don't compare your life to the picture perfect blog of the cutest Mormon family ever.  Chances are, they are going through a hard time too!  Just because people don't want to share their problems for all to see, doesn't mean they don't have them.  
Don't compare yourself. Period.

I know that the atonement is real, Jesus Christ did not only suffer for our sins, but he also suffered for our heartache, our despair and our pain from things that occur in our life.  I have learned more and more as I have gone through life that things happen for a reason, bad things ARE going to happen to all of us.  We all know that "bad things happen to good people." Right?

So how do we make it through it?

Well... I don't know ALL the answers but I do know that we need to constantly be trying.  Don't EVER ever EVER give up on hope, faith or just plain old trying to live righteously.  The storm will pass, we will understand the reason of our trial and we will have a healed heart eventually.  Life is a beautiful thing, there is so much to be joyous about.  Think positively!

Back to my first point, which brought on all the rambling.  My father is a role model and huge example to me in my life.  I miss that man with all of my heart.  He was needed for something far greater than anything he could have done here.  What a stud!  He taught me things I use in my life on a daily basis.

 To name a few:  Honesty, hard work, finishing what you started, forgiveness, the power of prayer and scripture study, humor, laughing at yourself, figure things out yourself, patience, kindness and service.  The list could go on.

Find someone in your life who is a positive mentor for you.  Live your life like them.  I want to be just like my dad.  He was the best example to me in my life!  I love and miss you dad.  Thanks for teaching me so much!!

Remember we chose to come to earth, we knew it would be hard.  But I firmly believe we knew without a doubt that it would be worth it.  Are we going to look back and regret how we lived our life? Or are we going to be pretty proud of ourselves?
You decide.

Comments

  1. I Love you. I love the spirit and power that you express your self with. And I LOVE that you are Real and you will say things how they are. And I Love that I can call you friend, running partner, mentor, inspiration, and Hero. Keep doing what you are doing Court. You're on the right path. Thanks for being one of the examples in my life.

    Love, Les

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying