A Habit, a Way of Life.

 I asked my amazing friend Leslee to write something for my blog, like a guest post... but it's more than that.  Leslee is amazing and has experienced so much in her life!  She is such an example to so many people and such a great friend.  Thank you Leslee for doing this!!

This is Leslee and her cute family.
 I'm super Excited to be able to Guest Post on Courts Blog. This Blog is such an Inspired and Happy Place to read and learn. Courtney has had some great experiences in her life and has lots of good knowledge and Love to share!! I'm Grateful to call her Friend. Thanks Court for letting me have a few words on this Awesome Blog.
***
Habit is an amazing thing, although it comes in both GOOD and BAD....it can be the Rock foundation we need if we use it in the right way. Habits aren't Easy to form.....especially the ones that are good for us. For me....it takes all my might mind and strength to force CHANGE upon my self. Waking up at a certain time in the morning to get all the way ready for work, complete a few chores, or even go for a run......Takes Practice! Eating Right and exercise is another habit that takes Practice before the FULL CHANGE can happen and we can get the results that we want.  Habits can also be destroyed faster than it takes to create them. I think that's why they are so hard!

It Amazes me how strong our Bodies are. How CAPABLE we are when we put our minds to doing something. And how rewarding it feels even if we aren't the Strongest, We still DID IT! Kenny lately has been singing his potty song that says "If I can do it....you can do it.....every body in the world can do it" Yes it's talking about going to the bathroom......but I love hearing him say "I DID IT! I DID IT MOM!!" It warms my heart to have him so excited about everything he accomplishes in his day. As we get older why don't we give our selves more Credit for the things we CAN do. And stop worrying about what's holding us back?

Connecting this in a more spiritual level, I have been thinking a lot about the Habits in my life that I sort of over look. The Habits that I know I SHOULD have and do daily.....but sometimes get set on the back burner for when I Feel Like it......when in reality it's those habits that I should be doing the MOST when I DON'T feel like it.

Prayer is one of them. Yes I pray daily.....We bless the food, we say Family Prayers at Night, and I help two year old say his personal prayers. But in this world of Chaos and Loudness.....I feel I need to be better at Praying and having a Prayer in my heart. I've had my share of down days this Winter, which isn't anything new, but I've also found something that helps.......Yes, PRAYING! I find that on those days that I turn off that stupid Radio while I'm driving to work and just embrace the Silence, my thoughts and feelings become more clear. When I take a moment to sit in a chair that is in the sunlight through the window and just close my eyes for a second.......I connect with my feelings and can feel everything around me. When I ignore my emails for 5 minutes and just BREATH while sitting at my desk, I find that I can say that little prayer for my Husband who has a Test that day or my Baby that still is coughing with that nasty cold.

God hears us. And he may not FIX everything we pray for, but we can Pray for the comfort we need to get through each day. When I'm feeling alone in a crowded room.....God knows. And why don't I chose to talk to him more. Why don't I ask him to help me find the right path to happiness, or even just ask to find that one happy thought in a day full of darkness?? He knows us. He LOVES us. Why is it that the Habit of asking him and relying on him is so hard to create??

Habits TAKE PRACTICE!! Give your self Credit for the things you CAN do and CAN control. Don't dwell on the things Holding you back. And if Life throws you Lemons......Ask God to come help make the Lemonade!! Everything is always easier when you have someone by your side. Make a Habit of asking for that comfort, that Help, and the Happiness. God is There. I will be working on the Habit, will you?
Much Love and Wishing you Luck on Your-Journey-Home.

Love,
Leslee
***

See.... told ya she was awesome!
Check out her blogs:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying