Long week

Ever since my sweet dad passed away, the week of Valentines day has been a hard one for my family, especially my mom....

The reason why is....

Feb 14th: Valentines Day
Feb 15th: My mom & dads anniversary
Feb 16th: My moms birthday

So it's safe to say that my dad basically spoiled my mom for three days straight.

I want to keep the traditions alive so much for my mom but it's so hard sometimes when i have a life of my own that I am trying to keep up on.  I am always so concerned about her and wondering how she is doing.  It's hard not having my dad around, because I know he always took care of her.

My dad always sent her a dozen roses for Valentines, so I had a dozen roses sent to her home on Valentines day.
For their Anniversary I called her and talked to her a little bit, plus I had a picture of my dad from when he was younger that I got printed out and put in a frame for her wall.
For her birthday I took her to get a massage, get her nails done and to dinner.

I know it doesn't compare to what my dad did for her, but i always hope it's enough.



I hope I make my dad proud and that I can kind of live up to the great person that he was.  He was such a great example and I try to do what I know he would want me to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying