Three things I learned....

So, I'm in a public speaking class this semester in school...  Fun huh??! 
Actually, I am enjoying it.  I like getting out of my comfort zone and learning something new.  I feel like I am growing as a person, because I know speaking will help me in a lot of aspects.  Like speaking in church or teaching positions etc..... which still gets me nervous.

Well last week I gave a speech on a Life Lesson I have learned.  It had to have three main points.
So I chose to speak on "You can do anything you set your mind to!"  More specifically "How to live a successful life" by using the motto above.  

Three things I have learned that make my days, weeks, months and even years more successful and make me a more well rounded individual are:

1.  Learn a new skill.  Develop a talent, or try something that maybe has interested you but you have never tried.  The reasoning is because it will not only make you feel better about yourself, but it will also make you more attractive to businesses, friends, in church, and just make you a more interesting, well rounded person.
2.  Network.  Meet new people!!  Make new friends!!  Get yourself out there, even if you are a shy person still try to be more outgoing.  The more friends you have the better!  The reasoning is because it will help you get involved in more things, and maybe get you out of your comfort zone.  Friends will be there to lift you up in your hard times and to rejoice with you in happy times, so keep them close.  It will also be an opportunity for you to get involved in things that you may not have otherwise been able to be apart of.
3.  Set Goals!!!  This is so important.  If you don't have goals then what is it you are working towards?  Set goals for your week, month, year even up to five or ten years.  Write them down, put them somewhere that you can see them.  Look at them often and be held accountable for them!  Once you do check a goal off, reward yourself!

I wish I was perfect at living a successful life.  But I do know that by following these three things you will be well on your way to a successful life!  I have seen it in my own life!!

Comments

  1. Love this Post Court! You are Amazing! I would love to learn how to better speak to groups and people. Remind me to tell you about lunch appointments with Clients.....I'm so awkward. lol Speaking to people would be something good to learn how to do better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying