Service Learning

For my class at Weber State we were required to as a group do a service learning activity outside of school.  It had to be 12 hours total, we had to do it as a group and we had to pick what we wanted to do.  My group decided to go to a Retirement Community and work with the elderly people.  Let me tell you it was SOOOOO much fun.  I miss it already.  I am seriously going to have to go back and visit.  Some of the things we did with them included games, reading books, talking with them and the best one of all we threw a luau for them!  We had chicken, rice, pineapple, juice, leis, Hawaiian music, we taught them a dance and played games!!  They were in HEAVEN!  They always usually look so sad, but during that luau we had to many smiles and happy faces.  It makes me feel so good to do service, even though this was for school I still learned so much.  We can all probably be a little better at doing acts of service.

Kyra & I with them playing their favorite game... Bridge-O

The winners of Bridge-O

Kyra & I serving up the Hawaiian food.

Yummy Hawaiian food
The cute residents.  Love them.

Us teaching them a Hawaiian dance!
I had such a great experience and hope to be a more service oriented person, especially because it makes me so happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying