Marathon #2

It's been a long journey!
One that has brought a huge array of mixed emotions...
I ran my 2nd marathon on April 21st.
The SLC Marathon.
It was a huge accomplishment that took a lot of work, training, sweat, blood and tears!
I am so happy to be done, but already craving another race.
It was literally the hardest thing... with the hilly route, 80 degree weather, no shade, ugly terrain... I just about died a few times I think.  It started at the U of U and ended at the Gateway mall.

It was so great to train with my great friend Leslee.
We helped push each other many times and we couldn't have trained so well without the other one.
I still remember the day at Taco Bell for lunch in December when we decided we wanted to do a race together.  The training started then and has gone on for the last four months.  Early morning trainings on Wednesdays and Saturdays meant getting up at 3:30 a.m. sometimes.  But we were dedicated and we did it!











What marathon should I do next?

Comments

  1. You are a rockstar!!! Seriously you inspire me! I need to train to do a marathon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying