October in a flash!

Okay, so I've been absolutely horrendously terrible at posting on my blog.  I blame that on school, work, young women calling, being a wife and just trying to live a happy, productive life!  The news of the year is that my dear mother is engaged and getting married 12.12.12... I think she's trying to copy me on the cool dates since Justin & I got married 12.11.10!!!  I am so happy that she has found someone that can make her happy again and hope the best for her!

Since I don't want to try to make up my blog from May until now, I am just going to tell about our October shenanigans. :)

Here goes.....

On October 4th, we were able to go to the U of U football game against USC and it was a blast!  I always love getting to spend some time with my boy and especially because he is obsessed with football.  I'm still trying to get him to be as obsessed with the U of U football team, still not quite there, but we're getting closer :)

Of course, don't let me forget the A.M.A.Z.I.N.G conference this past October and the fabulous, touching talks that were given by our prophet and apostles.  My favorite talks were given by President Uchtdorf and Elder Holland, they are always such powerful speakers and it always touches my heart when they speak.  It makes me so happy everytime I see my sweet husband heading to Priesthood with his dad and brothers, it's so great to be around such worthy priesthood holders.

I was able to spend some good, quality time with my sweetest Nana in the world.  She is the most kind, selfless, educated, beautiful women I know.  I would be happy to be half the woman she is someday.  Plus she raised an amazing man who just so happens to be my father.

We got to celebrate my dads 55th birthday on October 9th and if he would have been alive for this birthday we would have given him so much crap!  Getting closer to 60!  We went to his favorite restaurant, Tepanyaki's and reminisced on all the happy times we had with him.  He was such an amazing man of integrity, kindness, giving and honestly the best father ever!  I love and miss him everyday but so grateful for the plan of salvation.

We were able to hang out with my mom's Fiance and Chandler's girlfriend, Hayleigh and head out to Thanksgiving Pointe and go through some haunted corn mazes and have a blast together.  It's such a fun place and definitely something we'll be doing as a tradition from here on out.

I was able to spoil my sister in law Katrina for her 18th birthday.  Her parents were out of town so I took her to get her hair and makeup done at City Creek and then the boy she likes traveled all the way up from southern utah to surprise her and take her to the dance that was that night.  She had no clue and was so shocked and happy!

Justin & I were able to do the annual pumpkin carving at my moms and it's always a blast!  We were kind of lame on Halloween and went to a movie.  We were fine with it though.

My sweet little brother and I were able to go to a UofU game as well and it was such a blast to catch  up with him and his life and to just have a fun time!  He is such a great kid and I'm so grateful for him!

That is our October in a nutshell!  I'm going to try to be better about updating my blog.

Comments

  1. yay Welcome back to the blogging world! At least this way I can some what stay caught up with what you are up to :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying