Dreams

I believe dreams can be a gift from God.

I truly believe that God sometimes blesses us with answers to prayers in the form of a dream.

I have had many dreams about my dad since he passed away, but two that have REALLY stood out to me.  They are so vivid..... every color, fiber and particle of the dream is enhanced one hundred fold.

I'm not going to go into all the specifics of my dreams, because they are very personal and spiritual to me.  But, a piece of one of the dreams has stood out to me for some time and I've felt the need to share.

Part of the dream went like this:

I pulled up to a mall (could be described as something close to the Gateway mall).  I wasn't really sure why I was there, but I looked out my front window of my car and noticed my dad.  But, he didn't notice me.  He was pushing one of those big trash carts.  While he was pushing the cart, he would open each garbage can along the sidewalk and throw whatever trash was inside each garbage can into his trash cart.  He kept methodically doing this same thing all the way down the sidewalk.  I sat there in amazement not only that he was there in front of me, but that he was picking up trash?! 

I saw him walk into some doors so I started to run after him, but to my disappointment could not spot him anywhere.  I was confused, and sad that I missed the opportunity to speak with my dad.

(The dream goes on, and I was able to speak to my dad.... but that part is sacred and personal to me.)



To me this dream was a gift.  I felt like I was able to comprehend a little of what my dad is doing on the other side of the veil.  He isn't all that far.

He is helping people clean up "their trash."

I am so grateful for this Easter season.  It's a time to reflect upon all that our Savior has done for us!

Not only did our Savior take upon himself all of our sins, afflictions, calamities, sorrows and pain, but he died for each of us.  After all that, he broke the bands of death and rose again on the third day.

Because of this, we can be with our families forever!

Because of him, I will be with my dad again someday.

For that I am eternally grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

I'm having a baby!!!

Perfect at Trying