Perfect at Trying

I loved the movie "Meet the Mormons" that recently came out in theaters. I especially love the song that David Archuleta sings called "Glorious" that gives me goosebumps. What I love the most about this movie is a quote by the "Humanitarian" that says: "I am perfect in one thing, I am perfect in trying." 

This is how I feel as well. There are days where I try so hard and despite my efforts fall short, there are days that I try so hard and things fall perfectly into place just the way I had imagined. No matter the outcome, what's important is that I keep trying. A few months back I wrote a post called "Perfectionism" and the struggle I face almost daily. 

I feel like because of social media, people get a wrong idea of our lives. Most people only post the best things happening in their lives and leave out all the hard, negative moments that we each face daily. It's easy to play the game of comparison and wonder why everyone else has it so easy, when we struggle with some of the things that seem so easy for others. 

I know there have been times I have judged too quickly based on someone's social media account, and I'm sorry about that. It's best to not judge and to recognize that each one of us is just trying the best that we can.... And this is something I know I can be better at. I know that my social media accounts are literally my journal. I do not write things down very well and I don't document any other way besides my social media accounts. 

I still have a baby that wakes up in the night and is 14 months old, I still struggle with the death of my father and find myself in tears some days. I still struggle with different trials I have faced that have destroyed my confidence. I still struggle trying to find a balance in my life and trying to be the best mother and wife. I still struggle trying to be the homemaker and put good, healthy meals on the table. I still struggle with negative thoughts about myself. But none of this can keep me from continually trying day in and day out. That's something that no matter the trial, no matter the adversity, no matter the hurtful things people say and do, will ever change. I won't give up.

We each have different talents and strong qualities that help contribute goodness to this crazy world. Just because someone is better at something than us, doesn't mean that they are any better. It just means that we can learn something from them and we can strive to be better ourselves. It also means that we probably have strengths that they don't have. It's okay to be different! It's ok to have admiration for the good qualities in others. 

I know without a doubt that God loves each of us equally. He loves us more than we can even possibly comprehend. He has a divine mission set out for each one of us if we will only listen and follow Him. There are many situations/people/times that only WE have the talent or ability to change someone's life for good. And being found in Holy places and doing good things will lead us to those moments in our lives. It's in those moments that our testimony grows and that we recognize the significance and affect we can have in the lives of others. And the love God has for his children.

So, my advice to you, is to NEVER give up.... And to be perfect at trying.

Comments

  1. Dear Court. I haven't been reading blogs lately but got on to try and update mine here and there. I needed to see this today. SO THANK YOU. You are inspired and I know that your thoughtfulness, your truthfulness and your way with words beautifully lifts and inspires others. Keep writing. Keep Singing. Keep being Real. You are amazing. Thanks again for sharing. This monday has not been an easy one.

    Love you,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Les, thanks for your sweet comment ALMOST a year later! You are always so kind and thoughtful. Love you! Hope you are doing just amazing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm having a baby!!!

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.