No one size fits all.

Everyone handles trials differently.  There is no one size fits all for a trial... and each person will go through different challenges, trials and hard times throughout their time in mortality.  There is so much that goes into a specific trial for a specific person that we just can't know FULLY what they are going through.  We can definitely try to understand, but we just won't know exactly what they are going through until we walk a mile in their shoes.

I am very open about some of my trials I have faced, because I truly believe that being open may help others along the way.  I am very open about my trials because I have gained a firm and unshakable testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ due to some of the trials I have faced.  I am very open about my trials because I want to share my testimony of the Atonement and the miracles I have seen in my life because of it. I am very open about my trials because I am grateful in many aspects for the trials I have faced.  

Most importantly I hope to help others gain a testimony of the Savior.

My mom and I were talking the other day about trials, and why certain things happen and all that goes into it.  She said, "I don't want to go through trials and hard times and come out worse, if I'm going to be going through hard times, I most definitely hope to come out better than before the trial!"  How true that is!  How many of us know fellow friends, family members and associates that have gone through a trial and come out worse than before?  

I wish I could tell each person to.... "don't let hard times push you away, let them bring you closer to the Savior, the only person who TRULY knows what you are going through."  Those who don't yet know the Savior or our loving Heavenly Father, reach out to them in prayer and I promise they will be there to help you.  No question, trial, or sin is too big or too small.  They will be there to listen, to help, to guide and most importantly love you through it all.  

He does love you and always will.  He loved you yesterday, He loves you today and He loves you tomorrow.  That love never stops nor changes.

I in the past few months, have really seen glimpses into just how much the Savior and those beyond the veil are anxiously waiting to help us.  I have seen and felt the love that they feel for each one of us, no matter what trial we are facing. 

Many times I feel inadequate and non deserving of His love and His grace.  I always want to make my Savior proud, and most days I don't make it.  But that's what is so amazing about the Atonement...  I can try again tomorrow.  How patient, loving and kind our Savior is.  He is absolutely perfect, and lived the best life anyone could ever live, yet He died for each one of us.  He watches all his brothers and sisters here on earth.  He sees the hurt, pain, anguish and trials that we each face and He is aching for us to utilize the gift He gave to each one of us.  His life.  Use it.  Don't waste that precious gift.  He never gives up on us, so please don't ever give up on Him.  I also never forget how our Heavenly Father must feel. 

One of my favorite quotes is this:
"Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work."
-Gordon B Hinckley

We can't expect life to be perfect for us and we definitely can't expect God to take away all our trials.  But, we can choose how we want our story to end and what type of person we want to be.  We can choose to have a positive mindset and be kind.  We can create a better life for ourselves despite our trials.  We can do anything we set our mind to.  We are the masters of our fate. The Lord is not going to do all the work for us.  We need to do our part and He will always be there to make up where we lack.

Comments

  1. Courtney you are amazing, I love reading your posts-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you wrote this forever ago... But just wanted to say thank you! Hope you are doing well!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm having a baby!!!

5 years since dads death, 5 lessons learned.

Perfect at Trying